Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stereotypes and Stories

A Plane to Africa    6/25/13
      leaving home:
abercrombie with
rolled up jeans and
a couple loafers (or)

oiled gold watches
fiercely greased hair
slick suit stripes (or)

dreadlocks draped over
colorful shawls over
toes tucked in sandal loops.

      coming home:
depths of robes
the colors of august
flaxen scented (or)

dark suits with
barely intelligible
perfect English (or)

abercrombie with
rolled up jeans and
a couple of loafers.
like a bad joke or a better story:
a nun a preacher a Muslim a hippie a tourist a family of ten a petroleum engineer and
I walked onto a plane to Africa.
      me:
orange ray-bans
a red v-neck and
plaid sh(or)ts

I mean, they were
gifts, I don't normally
wear, this s(or)t

of thing, and the shades
are more of a joke,
Am I the only n(or)mal

one here?
My stories are still quite young
My new-sewn clothes unsung.

No comments:

Post a Comment